Friday, October 28, 2011

Sinister Minister!

Oh my, how did I forget! Team BOMIAS also did a trail relay in Alberta this summer (the Sinister 7)! I had to run 8 miles downhill in the dark being chased by bears and cougars. Even with my huge ass head lamp, it was hard to see and so running was really hard. My hands were cut up from falling and where I had to essentially shuffle down steep banks into creeks because the gravel was so loose that it was hard to get footing.

But it was good times! The race was really well done and we had a blast. Some random Canadian let us stay at their house for free and he slept in his camper. Oh Canada! You're so sweet.

4 comments:

Black Knight said...

A real adventure in the night! Glad you had fun.

Brent Buckner said...

Probably all that maple syrup encourages sweetness....

Mark said...

That's too cool about staying in some random Canadian's house.

I'll bet the bears and cougars were good pacers!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wait. There another kind of Kanadian other than random?

Pfffftt! Not buying it ...