Saturday, February 02, 2008

Decisions

I made a pretty hard decision this week. I emailed the captain of my soccer team and told him I am not going to play this year (spring or fall seasons). I want to try to give running my full attention. I've been playing soccer since I was five, and I know I'm going to miss it. But it's a pretty high impact game, and I always end up hurt at some point during the season.

I'd like to just concentrate on running this year, and see what I can be capable of when I devote myself fully to it.

I guess my DC United season tickets are going to have to fulfill my soccer fix. It will be weird not to play. I think the sacrifice will be worth it, though.

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

You should ref again! Then at least you'll still have access to cute soccer playing girls :-)

Anonymous said...

ohhh i've been down that road. i gave soccer up last year for the same reason (and didn't even play in my HS alumni game this past thanksgiving b/c that always had me end up hurt too)...

kind of sad :( especially when my HS coach said he never though *I* would ever give it up.

but i did make it through the year uninjured for the first time since 2002.

good luck! and i'm looking fwd to some good running stories this year!