(Reality Bites was on TV this weekend. I miss the 90s!)
Or should I say "I'm Volvo!"
Okay, so Volvos are Swedish, not Norwegian, but it's all the same right? At least all the Swedes and Norwegians seem to move to Minnesota to be featured on a Prairie Home Companion, so I think of them all as Lutherans who eat weird food and cross-country ski.
So yeah. I'm going here:
To the freakin' Arctic Circle!
To run a half-marathon!
In the Midnight Sun!
At 10:30 at night!
I'm totally just doing this for the t-shirt.
Oh, and to hang out with Lisa, who I haven't seen since we ran a half marathon together back in 2006, when we had to hitchhike to the start since all the buses were full.
But I am pretty much expecting between the red eye flight, the jet lag, the constant sunlight, and running a half-marathon at the time I am usually asleep, that my body is going to be very very confused.
Especially after I make it pull an all-nighter tonight to get everything done before I leave. Seriously, my to do list before 3pm tomorrow includes:
- Write individualized task plans for each of the students who works on my project
- Figure out how to get to the airport, as my usual route is flooded
- Look at data from one instrument and get it ready to be deployed for two weeks tomorrow
- Open up another instrument, put in the batteries, take test data, and check it out before deploying it for two weeks tomorrow as well
- Send an e-mail to someone here so I can start scheming about my post-Iowa life in New Zealand
- Spend all day at the lake tomorrow deploying above instruments
- Uh, pack?
And here I am blogging... I gots the mad procrastinating skillz!
Garmin Varia UT800 Smart Bike Light In-Depth Review
45 minutes ago