Monday, June 09, 2008

Still trouble pacing myself

I decided that since I "rested" Sunday after the relay, that was enough down time and I should get back on my DC Fit training schedule. Today was supposed to be a 45 minute easy pace jog. The heat index is down to 103 now, having peaked today somewhere near 110 (with actual temp tickling 100, but right now it's a balmy 92, with the humidity is down to 56%. w00t!!!!!!!11).

Unfortunately, I am still having problems pacing myself. I did just over 2 1/2 miles on the front half (23 min). Not quite "easy" when you're really shooting for a 9:30 min/mi race pace. D'oh.

So, yeah, running today was a bit of a challenge. Oh well. I talked to my new running buddy and we're doing two weekday runs this week, and then our Saturday long run (9 mi) as well. Something to look forward to!

Oh, and for Danielle, who asked me to figure out and let her know, the MC200 weekend weight loss was 7 lbs.

6 comments:

lauren said...

you just told me to take it easy and you are out running in 103 temps? hello kettle, this is the pot. you're black! (although i too ignored the resting and did about 2.1 with the dogs dragging me along. let the hypocrisy commence!)

Anonymous said...

you lost 7 pounds in one week?!?!

Joe said...

audrey: i lost 7 lbs in 3 days.

April said...

Well it's good to know that running in hellish heat is good for something! And way to go on 7 lbs in 3 days! That's awesome.

peter said...

Monday was hot alright. Everyone who saw me leave my building at noon to run (non-runners all) instructed me not to go. Like I was going to not run? (I ran less far.) Or go to the gym and use a treadmill? (Right.) But there were other runners out and about. Like, apparently, you two.

Joe said...

peter: someone at work, trying to discourage me from running, told me that they heard that going outside yesterday was like smoking a pack of cigarettes. i unfortunately laughed right at him...