Conference Poster Done: Check! (And it is a masterpiece at that! Conference goers will see is and swoon and offer me a postdoc on the spot!)
Preliminary Exams Passed: Check! (Yay, I am officially a PhD candidate now, which means nothing to the outside world except that I get paid more)
Running, Biking, or Swimming: Uh...
Anyway... So I was tagged by Steve in a Speedo to divulge 7 weird or random facts about myself, so here we go:
1. I can bend my thumbs all the way backwards.
2. I reorganize the fridge when I am stressed out. Much to my roommate's chagrin, that means I arrange everything by height (um, OCD much?). So she will come home to find the milk way in the back and the Worcestershire Sauce up front. On the same note, all my shoes are always lined up in a nice line along the wall in my room. Oftentimes in rainbow order.
3. I am still bothered by the fact that Zack on Saved by the Bell got a 1502 on his SATs. I will announce this fact every time the subject comes up. Of course in the midwest, no one knows what you can get on the SATs because they all took the ACTs.
4. I had short hair up until I was a senior in high school. It looked really bad. I pretty much defined awkward teenager. I pretty much won't show anyone photos of myself from this era unless I am in a particularly sharing mood (Laurie has been lucky enough to be exposed to the hilarity). My past would be more securely hidden if my dad hadn't given me an emergency credit card that has my picture on it. From 10th grade. Did I mention I was 30?
5. My graduate advisor loves telling the story about me and the blue bunny Peeps on our second field study.
6. I was a vegetarian. And then I moved to Iowa.
7. When I was in the Peace Corps, I used to regularly bathe in a latrine. Most unfun experience ever: standing in a smelly latrine and having to dump a can of cold water on your head.
So I am supposed to tag 7 other people, so I am going to tag any of my fellow teammates here that feel so inclined!
Garmin Varia UT800 Smart Bike Light In-Depth Review
55 minutes ago