Thursday, May 01, 2008

Girls!

So we are in desperate need of some chicks to run Madison to Chicago with us. Anyone I haven't bothered already who is game? In the past two years we have had girl loaded teams - this year apparently the boys are steppin' up to the plate. But that means if we have one more guy, we become a men's team. That's not the end of the world or anything, but it wouldn't be as fun to compete against all boy teams. I'm giving it until May 6th, then I'm calling in the backup boys.

In other girl related news, I am going to a conference in Mississippi in May (where I'll probably be one of few girls actually). The conference is in Vicksburg, which is a little bit away from the airport and there is no airport shuttle so I need to get a taxi. From one of the organizers:

"The cheapest I have found is a limo service called Go-Fer Girls (really), and it will be $70. (They are a legitimate business.)"

I'm going to love turning in that receipt.

And in completely other news, I have done barely anything this week. I like to consider it resting up. Weather forecast for the Siouxperman on Saturday? Rain/Snow/Wind. Good times!

6 comments:

Joe said...

On another awesome girl related running front: http://www.skirtchaser5k.com/

(Props to Lauren for stumbling across this)

Anonymous said...

hey good luck in your race...and with the go-fer girls. who would name their limo business that? i feel like they would lose business b/c people would not quite think they were getting just limo service.

ButterPeanut said...

wow, snow and wind! well, if you're gonna call yourself siouxper(wo)man...

dang, i wish I could join the relay! it's a stupid conference that's pulling me back to the netherlands... though at least I wont have to hitch a ride from the Girls Gone Wild to get there. :)

Nitmos said...

No help here with the Mad-Chi relay.

Good luck in snow/rain/wind..the triumverate of bad running conditions. Think how much of a bad a$$ you'll be when you finsh that one. You can really pour on the harsh condition descriptors in the report.

A said...

Snow, rain and wind, eh? Sounds like my hometown for the past two days. Bleah. Good luck in the Siouxperman Saturday -- you know you'll rock it!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to do this race last year, but it was the weekend I got married. And, then this year I have a class. I hope you find your chick and have fun.