Friday, December 12, 2008

Next up, MRI

Went to the orthopedic today. He said the ligaments are fine. There was also an interesting, reproducible pop when he torqued the knee a certain way, though while amusing and loud, it's apparently nothing more than entertaining to the doc, so I guess I'm not worried. At this point, he is leaning towards some sort of cartilage problem. He is cautiously optimistic that it's not a breakdown of the support the meniscus provides, because on the x-rays they took, there is good symmetry for all 4 points of contact across both knees, though the x-ray don't show enough detail to be sure. I have an MRI scheduled for Thursday (because the radiology lab needs 3 business days to get pre-approval from my insurance, even though there was an opening Monday at 9 a.m.; yay insurance). So I get the MRI, go back to the ortho, and see what it says.

I really like doctors who deal with athletes (the ortho is the team doctor for DC United), because first thing he said was, "so, the goal is to get you to run marathons again, right?" He didn't tell me to stop running long distances because they damage your body. So now I just wait a while longer [insert Jeopardy theme here]...

4 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

So if it is cartilage, do they have to cut?

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

And dude, I haven't talked to you forever. Get your ass back online.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Don't do it, Joe! (Get your @$$ back online, that is.) Because in one of her last posts, Danielle vowed to kick it!

(O, and watch your n*ts, too. Of course, that might be because of something I said ...)

Good luck with the MRI. Personally, I woulda called MR T and the rest of the A Team, but I guess your insurance won't pay for that kind of coverage. So you get the I Team. Still good. Still led by a vowel ...

Unknown said...

Hope the MRI helps get things sorted.