Friday, March 06, 2009

Hehehe

I was looking through some posts from last year leading up to my marathon attempt, and I had a really funny thought. All the comments about my knee being sore are pretty funny when you replace "knee pain" with "torn meniscus." They read really funny, in a "God, you're a retard, don't run a marathon on a torn meniscus, stupid!" kind of way.

One of the funniest may have been this quote from my Reflections post:

Injuries: I learned a lot about how to distinguish aches versus injuries. Along this journey, there were a few aches I mistook for injuries, and an injury that I mistook for an ache. I think this is one of the most important lessons I learned this year.

"...an injury that I mistook for an ache." Understatement of the year!

1 comment:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hey, want some real yuks? Replace "knee pain" with "groin pull" - because groin pulls are inherently funny when they happen to someone else!

Trust me, you'll tear a - WAIT FOR IT! - meniscus (or possibly a groin muscle) laffin' at that.

In other news: You ran a marathon with a torn meniscus ... I believe the rules of racing allow you to lop 2 hours off your finishing time for that.

Or they should - unless running is some kind of barbarian sport.

You should at least get an automatic BQ out of it. But what do you care? You found a backdoor way into Boston already, didn't you?

Torn meniscus! BEST. RUNNING. SCAM. 4EVAH.

(Kidding.)

Good luck with the knee, brother!