Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Official Relay Baseball!

Or just that baseball that Caroline ran across in the big truck before we left. It didn't appear to belong to anyone on the team, but we didn't really know what to do with it. So at the airport as I was leaving I saw it and thought it would be cool to have everyone in the van autograph it for me. And then we came up with the idea of mailing it around and getting everyone's signature. So I will get this process started hopefully very soon.

FYI I do not have a camera, so the baseball pictured here is actually one autographed by the 1927 New York Giants that only went for $2000 at auction, so nothing like the value that this one will have once it's made the rounds.

3 comments:

Joe said...

How many signatures do you have so far?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the Relay and thanks (Danielle) for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

I'm still trying to catch up with posting as my family and I travelled home through SD and stopped at a ton of tourist-y spots.

I've enjoyed the posts you folks have prepared about the experience and you definately got our team's vote for best name... as the brother of a micro-bioligst I WILL be backing off!

Walk-a-bout!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Hehe, I am glad we could inspire fear in the competition. We scientists are a scary bunch :-)