Sunday, August 06, 2006

Making treadmills fun!


The gym provides me with my only occasion for watching cable. Today on VH1, they were talking about this video, and I thought "This totally belongs on a running blog!"

In very related news, also on VH1 (it's like an accident - I can't look away!), Tina Yothers was on Celebrity Fit Club. And she did the quarter mile fitness test in 2:08. I feel the need to go find a track and do this right now, because there is no way in hell Tina Yothers is faster than me! I haven't run only a quarter mile in forever, so I am sure that I could run it that fast, but the fact I am a solid ten minute miler makes me doubt that... When we get to the track at the middle school at Steamboat, I will make sure to do a time trial :-)

4 comments:

Joe said...

When I do shorter (4-5 mile) runs, I usually try to speed up for the last mile. When I'm doing that, I can usually get my last 2 minutes (so around 1/3 mi) in at about 10 mph. I don't know if I could go faster, b/c the treadmills only go up to 10 mph. :)

ButterPeanut said...

our battle cry should be, "Beat Tina Yothers' ass!"

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Her posse has turned on her!

Joe said...

Of all the things I didn't expect to hear in my lifetime, "Beat Tina Yothers' ass" as a call to arms was, frankly, pretty high on the list.

Thanks, Lisa! :)