Saturday, January 19, 2008

Things learned at the gym today

1. Kickboxing is a lot more fun than I thought it would be! Even though my hips pop every time I do a side kick.

2. I think that all my recent bike workouts on the stationary at the gym have been in kilometers instead of miles. That makes me a hell of a lot slower than I thought I was. Sigh.

3. I am cursed with all things plantar - plantar fasciitis and now (TMI alert!) plantar warts. Totally gross. I am guessing it has to be the pool or shower at the gym, as sometimes I forget my flip flops. Yuck yuck yuck yuck! Of course, this is self-diagnosis, but the little teensy things I have on two of my toes sure look like the pictures on the internet.

7 comments:

Oly said...

Eeeewwww!!! Wear the foot condoms Pleeasse.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Apparently I missed the lesson on safe swimming!

Rainmaker said...

Bummer! Get good soon. And suckage about the KM vs miles thing. Had that happen on a bike overseas once. Doh.

Jenny Davidson said...

My brothers had a real infestation of plantar warts when we were little kids, it was awful! Get 'em taken care of sooner rather than later, that's my advice...

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I'm off to the doctor ASAP! And I don't have an infestation. Just these three little teeny tiny little sensitive areas that I actually thought just might be blisters or callouses, but haven't gone away... Blech, I am still grossed out by it all!

LittleRachet said...

Aside from the whole warts thing, I'm glad you are finding kickboxing fun! I teach KB and it is a great way to have fun, listen to good music (I have the best CDs) and take out a little aggression!

Steve Stenzel said...

Plantar warts aren't that gross. They just happen.

Now, genital warts, THOSE are gross. And they don't just happen.