Friday, January 25, 2008

Tidbits

1. Yay for people being interested in running relays! It looks like there is enough interest this year to do two! I know I said the same thing last year, but last year both races were in August. The winners of the relay vote were the Madison to Chicago 200 (MC200) in June and the Wild West Relay (WWR) in August. Since they are two months apart and the Venn diagram of interested relay runners does not complete overlap, I decided to give two a try. Drop me a line if you are interested in running!

2. We went to see Spirit of the Marathon last night. I didn't cry, but I thought it was really good. I especially liked how they didn't dismiss regular people and the the journey they take during marathon training. It was sort of weird that Chicago 2005 was supposed to be my first marathon, but injury sidelined me. Anyways, it sort of pumped me up to train for another race. I had a lot of fun in Phoenix and I realized how much I miss disance running. So I am hoping for the Des Moines Marathon in October... Who cares that my foot still hurts? Not me! I have learned to run through it quite well!

3. I got on my trainer for the first time this winter yesterday. I spent so long avoiding it because I thought my cadence sensor broke and I had to put a new one on. Yesterday I finally went to do that and realized it hadn't broke. I need to pay attention more. Anyway, I started getting Netflix specifically to get DVDs to watch on the trainer. I decided to go with a TV show that I could get hooked on, so now I am officially beginning my foray into the world of Lost. I have never seen a single episode, so it's all new to me! It might be too scary though.

4. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my first tri ever! And Kori is so going down.

3 comments:

Kori said...

because danielle puts these handy links in her posts (clever girl), I have seen her distances from last year's tri. I'm a little scared. That girl can book it when she wants to. And, I'm older and wrinklier and that has to count for something. . . .

Neverless, I can see danielle's post about how awesome I am and how fast, and smart. . . .etc. . . .and I will not make this easy on her.

Rainmaker said...

Ha! A competition - always good times!

And congrats on your first-anniversery.

What's a third anniversy for a triathlong called? A tri! I amuse myself so easily.

Oly said...

You kind of get around don't you?

I'm just say'n... Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, Chicago, Steamboat Springs, Wyoming, Missouri.

:)