Thursday, November 06, 2008

Back on the horse

4 weeks since Chicago, 3 visits with the chiropractor, buying orthotics and new shoes, I decided it was time to get back in the saddle, so I went for a run today. I only went around 1.5 miles, mostly because I simply wanted to test my sea legs out (I'm all about mixing metaphors, it helps keep my enemies confused). After about five minutes, my knee twinged a little, but a few minutes later, it was gone. Overall, I felt pretty good.

I went to the running store the other day and got fitted for some new shoes that weren't specifically designed for toe runners, as my old ones were. I gotta say, with the new shoes and orthotics, the heel strike stride feels pretty good.

Here's hoping I'm on the road to recovery, ready to give D a run for her money if we make it to New Zealand.

3 comments:

Kate said...

ugh. I did 1.5 miles this morning and felt not awesome. A week and a half since the marathon. I think I need more recovery.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

When you go to NZ, bring lots of Dramamine because I hear a lot of runners get nauseous the first time they run on a part of the globe where they'll be upside-down.

M said...

I cant beleive you are going to NZ - I thought that was a joke when I read it.

Good news on the knee - the orthos work wonders!