Friday, November 14, 2008

The comeback continues

I've been running every other day for the last week, and I'm feeling pretty good. I feel a little sluggish because I took so much time off, but my knee doesn't hurt and I'm able to continue with the heel strike stride without falling back into running on my toes, so I guess so far so good.

I am going to be in Austin for the next week for a conference for work. I am hoping to get up and run in the mornings before heading off to the show. When I looked at the weather, it's supposed to be in the 60s, to which I thought, "Sweet!" until I looked closer, and found that at 6 a.m., it's supposed to be 35. What the hell?! 35 at 6 a.m. and 65 at 3 p.m.? What's wrong with this place? Oh well.

I was looking at a calendar today, and noticed that, should D and I manage to pull off the New Zealand trip, the race is 14 weeks from tomorrow. Guess it's about time to start getting serious about training. It's a good thing D's been a grad student for the last bazillion years. She's quite used to being schooled, so the race should feel pretty natural for her.

3 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Taunting your blogmate again, eh? I'm still waiting for you two to make this rivalry a bit, um ... more interesting, shall we say? Now, I'm not one to fan flames or go around fomenting at the mouth, but what sort of public embarrassment are you and Danielle willing to risk? I'm thinking vowing to do something alfresco and agreeing that the loser has to upload the pix.

Think of the posibilities!

Think of the site hits!

Someone, please, think of the children!

But ... nudity sells. So screw the children.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Yeah, sorry to break it to you, but NZ ain't gonna happen. Lack of money and lack of time (because seriously, I can't take two weeks off in February and be mostly finished before April).

So you'll have wait a little longer to school me.

In the meantime, I am sure my voodoo doll will come in handy as I disable you in some weird random way...

Hmmm, I wonder where the solar plexus is on a voodoo doll...

April said...

Hey Joe! To answer the question that you asked a long time ago-YES, I did run in NYC, but not a whole lot. Your training sounds like mine right now...about every other day. It's a start!