Friday, March 09, 2007

Because the other race was too popular...

I am registered to run in the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler on April 1st. However, as this race is pretty popular, and the 10,000 slots fill up in the 12-15 hour range, a lot of people I know didn't get in. None of these people know each other, but they all apparently independently decided to register for the George Washington Parkway 10 Miler, which is 3 weeks after Cherry Blossom.

In the past week, 5 people, none of whom spoke about this amongst themselves, all asked me if I was running the GW Parkway. So now I am feeling almost guilted into running it.

The last day of early registration for the GW Pkwy is the day of Cherry Blossom, so I can always register for the GW Pkwy right after after I've run the other one.

But jeez, so much guilt...

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

You can give one of them my race number for the Cherry Blossom! Just make sure it is someone fast so that I look good if someone googles me :-)

jeanne said...

both races are terrific! especially if the weather cooperates.