Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dropping the kids off at the pool...

Today I got all motivated to go swimming. I showed up at the pool and it was closed. I asked the woman at the desk why and she said "We had to shut it down to clean it since it got contaminated."

To which I replied: "Does the contamination have anything to do with the family swim time from 2-5 today?"

To which she said: "It has everything to do with the family swim time."

At least as a responsible pet owner, I pick up doggie droppings - parents should have to do the same.

In other news, I broke down and became a traitor against the revolution and bought a heart rate monitor. I am sort of obsessed now. Pretty pretty numbers! On friday I did a 40 minute bike ride, trying to keep my heart rate up in the 75% - 85% zone and then I did a 1.5 mile run, which sucked ass. I am going to re-emphasize that this biking then running thing is hard!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Yay! You've come over to the dark side. I love my pretty numbers too. My HRM gives me a trophy when I meet my exercise goals for the week, I like pretty trophies too.

75-85% seems a bit high for biking.

Larissa said...

I agree with Al, my heart rate monitor is a Nazi. Yet . . . I love it in a way and am strangely dependent upon it. NAZI!

As you know, I experienced a pool closure as well. Don't those little rugrats know we have a training schedule to abide by? Nazis.

The bike legs will adjust after awhile - just keep doing bricks. (spoken like a true newbie). Pretend you were born without feeling in your legs - then after a mile or so when you start to experience sensation again, its like a miracle. Just a suggestion.

jeanne said...

just like with dogs, it's the owners I blame!