Tuesday, March 20, 2007

More schemes and machinations...

Our fellow teammate Jessica is organizing a RAGBRAI team this year. I was thinking that I might try one day (about 70 miles). Then as Kori and I were doing our first serious bike/run brick for our training*, I asked her if she wanted to do it. She has friends in Dyersville ("Is this heaven?""No, it's Iowa.") which is along the route this year, so somehow this got turned into doing two days of RAGBRAI, about 110 miles.

Now, I have never ridden more than 30 on my bike. And the Wild West Relay starts less than a week after RAGBRAI ends. I think this should be interesting.

*Why didn't anyone tell me that it is so hard to run after biking for an hour?

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Dude, what a cool idea for an event! My god, you really have gone past cross-trainer to triathlete :) Enjoy!

Joe said...

I am trying to figure out if I can swing enough vacation time at work to be able to just take that in between week off and hang around Iowa between RAGBRAI and WWR. If I can manage that, I am seriously considering joining you...

Laurie said...

You can totally handle two days. It's a joy ride after all ;)

Larissa said...

Iowa's flat, right? Go for it! It sounds like a blast!

Mark Wyatt said...

You don't ride the whole thing all at once. It's only 7-10 mile segments and then you stop, walk around, eat pie or pork and then bike some more. It's not a race!