Tuesday, April 24, 2007

First run back

Today I went out for my first run since the injury over 3 weeks ago. I ended up making it just under 1 1/2 miles. During the last half mile or so, I could feel some tension in my knee, but it went away as soon as I stopped. I didn't have any searing pain, didn't overdo it, just wanted to test the waters. Overall, I view today as relatively positive.

Last week I had One of Those Weeks (tm) at work, where I left the office at 11 pm one night, 10:30 the next, etc. The side effect of this was that instead of stretching 3 times a day like I had been doing, I was doing it maybe once a day since I was too busy or tired. I felt it this weekend when I got back to my normal routine again, and I think this definitely set me back a little bit.

I think I'll take tomorrow off, and try running again Thursday to see how I feel. We have a soccer game Sunday, and god do I want to play. I think it's too early to call either way, so I will have to wait and see...

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Glad that you can run a little at least!