Thursday, August 09, 2007

i love ice.

sooo it's not broken. for shizzle. b/c i diagnosed myself. but i know i'm right and the doctor is wrong. i just know. i have peroneal tendinitis. i know this b/c my foot hurts all along where the tendon is and i can actually feel the tendon moving in the sheath around it. b/c it is inflamed there is a grating sensation as the tendon moves that i've experienced before (which feels icky and gross) when i had wrist tendinitis from tennis. this is the third body part i've gotten tendinitis in (wrist, knee, and now foot). i get tendinitis REALLY easily. and i do not get stress fractures. ever. so this is what i have. now, in an effort to compete in my 1/2 IM on the 19th and GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr on the 24th i sit with ice on my foot all day. my classmates used to react with, "OMG, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!" now they just ignore me and my ice pack. and while the injury is super alarming of course given things that i've been planning since...oh, november, are upcoming, i tend to do well when injuries force me to take monster "tapers" before events. so we shall see.

in other updates, i'm taking my 27th round of finals of my life right now. can i just say i'm ready for a job? like, it's definitely time for audrey to get a job. where people will pay me to sit at my laptop. i'm READY!!!

5 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Well, I believe your diagnosis over your doctor's :-)

We can have a club! I haven't done any triathlon type thing in two weeks (but I have spent the last 6 days doing field work for 12 hours a day, so I am not particularly rested either) and I have my Oly on Sunday. Good times!

Spandex King said...

If you love an ice bath, your a Tritahlete!!

Laurie said...

I hope it really is just tendonitis. You know your body than your doctor does anyway.

You will do GREAT at your half IM! Believe it.

Anonymous said...

I hope your foot is feeling better soon! Ice is your friend!! Best of luck at your half IM! Are you doing Timberman? I've heard it's absolutely amazing... I'll be thinking of you!

Arcane said...

Well I hope you heal soon.