Friday, August 03, 2007

Still down a man!

Or woman!

Still haven't found a replacement for Chrissy yet for the relay. Shaun, in his awesomeness, offered to run two positions for us, but hopefully we can avoid that. So beg every runner you know to come out and have a good time with us! If you read our little blog here and want to do it, drop me a line! We're all about running with perfect strangers! (um, Audrey)

Laurie sent me this photo yesterday:
That would be where the last leg of the relay was supposed to go. The race directors sent out an e-mail to captains informing us that there will be a bit of a route change...

And someone please reassure me that not doing anything for two weeks is a good way to taper for Big Creek? Besides the foot, I have the insane research month from hell this month so I have been working late every day and in the field a lot so I haven't done anything since RAGBRAI! Gees!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

We'll find someone, I can feel it.

Btw, the pic isn't showing.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Thanks - hopefully I fixed the picture :-)

Tea said...

I still can't believe the pictures and videos when I see them.

You will find someone!

Audrey said...

I am going stick my foot in a bucket of milk. That should help with calicum absorption-right? right??

i'm not worried about our feet yet.

i also feel like we will find a 12th.

Audrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bryan said...

what are the details of your needs? I ran once. Or twice.

peter said...

That's an excellent but heart-breaking picure.

Lucy Dee said...

Wow! That sounds exciting! I once did a modified Triathlon (rowing machines, running, and running up and down stadium stairs).

It was the best shape I've ever been in--and haven't been in that great of shape since. (I'm sure there's a modified joke in there somewhere, too. One that I can use in my standup comedy.)

Nice coming across your blog.