Monday, October 08, 2007

54% of the BAA 1/2 marathon racers are women...

...so why are they only giving out men's shirts?

I raced in 8 races in the last two months. One race t-shirt (GRR) is a women's shirt.

This bothers me...especially as I'm getting dressed and am looking for a casual, long-sleeve shirt to wear under my jacket and none of the huge men's shirts fit under my women's jacket. AWESOME that 7 of my race t-shirts are useless. They make expensive dusting rags.

Do any race directors read this? Is there an insurmountable obstacle to ordering women's clothing? I registered for the BAA 1/2 many many months ago (maybe July?) and Timberman 10 months pre-race.

3 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

At least I find with wicking shirts, the mens aren't so bad... Grandma's marathon had women's shirts though! Also Big Creek tri also had women's wicking shirts, but of course they didn't have any in my size when I went to pick up my packet, so I had to get a men's shirt. I think the biggest obstacle to getting women's shirts is that they are more expensive, so races don't want to shell out for them, and I don't think they would be too popular if they charged more for women than men!

Spandex King said...

My wife has many race shirts that have moved over to my side of the closet. Not only the mens vs womens shirt issue, many don't have many small sizes. My wife has tried toshrink them and still they are to big.

Sunshine said...

At Avenue of the Giants last May they gave women's shirts to women!!! I was amazed.