Sunday, January 04, 2009

Punky Power!

So I'm like a posting machine! This is totally off topic, but I felt the need to post it because I am pretty sure my parents have had the same conversation about me as Henry and Alan have in the first few seconds...

if you replace "room" with "lab", "model car" with "dissertation", and "days" with "years"...

Courtesy of Jezebel:


Of course, if Henry knew how... well-endowed... Soleil Moonfry would turn out, he probably wouldn't worry about her finding a husband...

Also, I wonder if Larry Summers ever moonlighted as the manager of a model car race track...

And did anyone else learn that you shouldn't hide in refrigerators from Punky Brewster? That is a lesson from Cheri that I carry with me to this day...

4 comments:

ButterPeanut said...

Whoa, I want to roadtrip!! But shit...I have to write two papers during that time too, boo.

And I totally encourage you to do your thesis in LaTeX ...

KrissyGo! said...

BAH HA HA HA HA!

Through my adult eyes, I think I *should* have liked Punky Brewster -- especially after watching this clip. (Kick their asses, girl!) But the fact that everyone else seemed to like it was enough for me to blindly stand against it. Oh, to be a rebel without an effect.

Steve Stenzel said...

HAHA! Yeah, I remember the fridge episode. Soooo sad.

Now I'm depressed...

Nitmos said...

But Indiana Jones just taught my kids to hide in a frig...to survive a 1950's nuclear test blast. Who do you believe?