Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today in Links

Beard Bags for Naked Bicycle Riding! (h/t The Bloggess)

Nerdy runner, personified. Did I mention I already read Seattle newspapers?

If Steep and Cheap hasn't already bankrupted me, this will. Seriously, I'm such a sucker for a bargain.

I tweet now. I mostly started to help a friend get up to 500 followers. But as a bonus, my random tweets hopefully have scored us a 7th runner for the Wild West Relay. Yeah, Miss Allycat, I'm looking at you. Anyway, who'd have thought that I feel the need to say random things to my computer all day? My Facebook statuses stay up for like a week, so I figured I would suck at this, but in fact, I just say the things I am thinking to twitter, as opposed to my officemates who will either:

1. Acknowledge I said something before turning back to their computers with a look of "why won't she stop talking?" on their faces.

2. Actually start a conversation with me when all I really wanted to do was point out something funny I read in the roommate ads on Craig's List.

Oh yeah, so we are going to register, yay! Along with me, Joe, Lauren, Al, Caroline, and John (from the GRR team) have all agreed to send money so we can get the cheaper registration rate. So "Back off man, I'm a scientist" will return to compete in the Flatlanders Division. Good times! We need six (or five) more runners! Hint hint...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I thorouhly enjoyed that nerdy runner link!

sherri said...

let me survive my spring and see how my 3 races go and how i'm feeling and i'm a temporary yes wwr. i'll be able to tell you for sure by april :)

MissAllycat said...

Yes, indeed. I am very, very, very strongly considering this. :)

Joe said...

...I just say the things I am thinking to twitter, as opposed to my officemates...

who says web 2.0 is useless? without it, i wouldn't know that...

Does cutting and pasting text from other things I have written in the past count as writing? If so, I wrote 19 pages today.

or

Someone please tell me that is some obscure use of "affects" in relation to water odor and not that his title is grammatically incorrect

or, perhaps most importantly...

Oops a double negative.

hooray for web 2.0! you make my life complete and worth living!!!!!!!!!11

Brent Buckner said...

Ultimate library - neat idea.

Meg said...

I love that library story! Thanks for sharing!