Thursday, April 06, 2006

Do I really have nothing better to do?

While writing my daily long e-mail ramble to Lisa (yes, I have enough rambling in me to write long e-mails and long blog posts and talk too much) I was agreeing to get on her case about training after Easter. When I was looking at the suggested half marathon training website I gave her, I realized I didn't like it. So, because I am an obsessive planner and organizer, I decided I would make one up that was more similar to the program I used when training for my first half-marathon last year. I figured I would post it here in case anyone else who is new to the distance thing wanted a suggested schedule. This is mainly different from half-marry training schedules on the internet in that:

1. The distances are a little farther, since in the end, we will all be running at least 15 miles.

2. I included a double run day, just to get used to the idea of running, stopping for 8 hours, then running again.

So here is a pretty PDF training calendar.

3 comments:

Joe said...

A friend of mine at work and I worked up a half marathon training schedule this winter before I got sick for some races we were going to run this spring. I will see if I can dig it up if I still have it and post a link to that, too. The more choices, the better, right? :)

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

What? Don't you trust me? ;-)

Joe said...

of course not. why would i trust you?