Wednesday, May 03, 2006

2006

Each year, I name the year like on the chinese place mats. 2006 is the year of the closed toe shoes.

My legs look better from the ankles up than they did before I was a runner, but from the ankle down, it's an entirely different story. Do you remember when you were losing your teeth and you would wiggle and wiggle your tooth until it was hanging from your gums and definately should have been pulled days ago? I have a toenail like that. I also have a toenail that is so black, I think it is actually four black toenails layered on top of eachother. Last night, I had a great 8 mile run - I felt so good, I went to the gym to lift weights when I was done. I haven't had a run like that in a long time. But, I wore the wrong socks and I have a blister the likes of which people have never seen. I actually limped about the house last night - from a blister!

Life as a runner is hard.

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

The big question is if Craig thinks black toenails are sexy :-) Or does he makes you wear socks to bed at night?

You should show those toes out in the open like a badge of honor! I guess that is easy for me to say as I haven't lost a toenail in over five years.

P.S. I am glad you had a good run last night! I hope that hopes your motivational crisis!

ButterPeanut said...

I had a double black toenail two summers ago. It was fun - like every morning you get to wake up and your toenail has done something new.