Thursday, May 18, 2006

Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa!

Er, if you route it, they will run?

Anyways, this is my favorite route. Soon after I moved to Iowa and I didn't know where to run, I randomly ran up this gravel road that and to this day it is still my favorite place to run. I heart gravel roads. There are farms and fields and lots of deer (probably trying to stay out of the hunting range nearby). There is a really big hill leading up to mile 3, so I love that the rest of the run feels like it is all downhill after that. I also get to run around the lake where I do science.

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Funny that you said that, because I did that for the first time yesterday. But we ran up the big hill, then east on Old Bloomington and then turned around at the top of the last hill on that road and ran back and through the park. Let me tell you, between that hill on Stagecoach and the hills on Old Bloomington, I think I found where I will be doing hill training after Grandma's :-)