Saturday, May 20, 2006

Motivation...

So today I ran with a friend of mine from work, and 2 friends of hers. We ended up doing about 7 miles, and I ran most of it with one of my friend's friends. We ran fast (for me anyway), averaging sub-9 minute/mile (with my usual pace for medium/long distance around 9:30/mi). Afterwards, I was trying to figure out where all the extra energy came to do this run, and I think it was as dumb as one could guess -- I didn't want to look like a wuss to the girl I was running with. So stupid, I know, but it did feel good to get out and really stretch the legs. But yes, I realize that I am pathetic.

6 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Hey, whatever it takes :-) I guess on the relay we will have to make sure you are running the same leg as a cute girl :-)

Joe said...

Can I request that now?

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I'll just e-mail all the other team captains and ask what position cute girls are running at ;-)

Joe said...

that is why you're the best team captain ever!

ButterPeanut said...

I've done lots of things to impress cute boys. It's largely gotten me where I am today.

Joe said...

i think we're going to make quite the pair of teammates, lisa. we'll give danielle something to stress about as team captain, keeping us in line. :)