Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Favorite Routes

About a month back, Danielle wrote a post pointing out the USATF Routes page. So I am curious, what are folks' favorite routes? Draw one up on the site, and post a link to it in the comments.

I will get started. Here are two of my favorite runs:

Pentagon/DC Tidal Basin: Run past the Pentagon and through the tidal basin that houses many of the Washington DC memorials (passing by Lincoln and Jefferson, with slight variations allowing you to see Vietnam, WW2, Korean War, and Washington Monuments, and adding an extra few miles allowing you to simply run the length of the National Mall, passing the Smithsonians and the Capitol)

Gravelly Point Park to Iwo Jima Memorial: Gravelly Point is a park that sits at the end of one of the major runways at Regan National Airport, so planes are either taking off or landing while flying very close overhead. Start there, run up a trail along the Potomac, passing by Arlington National Cemetery, ending up at the Iwo Jima Memorial, then back to the Park.

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I think Joe is just trying to show off because he actually has stuff to see besides corn when he runs ;-)

Joe said...

Yeah, blame me because when I decided to leave Champaign, I didn't choose Iowa as my destination. :)